Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

If you consider yourself to be at risk or require help urgently, please contact your GP. 
Your GP can provide further assessment of your symptoms, discuss treatment options and refer you onto Specialist Services.

If your GP is closed, their answerphone will direct you to the appropriate support service, or you can call NHS 24 on 111.

If it is an emergency situation, the following Emergency Services are available:

-Campus Security via calling 0141 548 2222.
-Emergency Services via calling 999.
-Accident & Emergency Service nearest to the University is the Glasgow Royal Infirmary in Castle Street, Glasgow G4. Or telephone 0141 211 4484/4314.
-NHS 24 on 111 for Health Information and Self Care Advice.

If you need to talk to someone, below are a list of telephone services that are available. It may also be helpful for you to talk to a friend or family member.  
-Samaritans Glasgow 0141 248 4488 (24 hours) or email anytime.
-Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 (All weekend and Monday to Friday 6pm - 2am)
-Nightline 0141 552 2555 (for students and staffed by local student volunteers) someone to talk to and will often be able to help with general information questions. 7pm to 7am, Monday to Friday during term time.